Summer is sometimes quiet in our office, but this season, there’s lots going on, including some international tours that are shaping up quite nicely.
- Our “Caterpillar” and his friends will be returning to China next month, with performances in several big cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Nanjing, Changzhou, and several others. Narrated in Mandarin by Da-shan (aka “The most famous foreigner in China”) the show,《好饿的毛毛虫》in Chinese, begins rehearsals next week for dates beginning July 15 in Beijing.
- We’re also planning to head to Singapore and Ireland in the coming months with the charming Guess How Much I Love You & I Love My Little Storybook — more information will be posted once the details are finalized.
- Chelsey, our summer student, has arrived to help us work on paperwork and give guided tours of the facility. There’s lots to see, and we’re always happy to show people around. We’re open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm (if you want a tour, try to arrive before 3:30!).
- We’re also getting ready for our 2015-16 US/Canada tours, with Goodnight Moon & The Runaway Bunny heading out in September, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Other Eric Carle Favourites rolls out in January. We’ll have the tour schedules posted online soon.
- Our MIPAC 2015-16 Performing Arts Series will be finalized and shared with everyone within a month. Stay tuned — there’s lots of great shows in our theatre this coming season.
- Mermaid’s Youtheatre will be presenting their final performance this school year of their show “The Hivemind,” at The Mermaid Loft. The performance is on Wednesday, June 17 at 6:30pm, and you are all invited (ages 13+ only).
- In collaboration with other Atlantic Canadian puppeteers, we’ve launched a local chapter of UNIMA, the international organization devoted to the art of puppetry. Full details are on our website and you can see what we’re up to on our new blog/journal.
- Finally, just a quick note: because our production team will be so busy this summer getting ready for our tours, we will not be hosting any summer day camps this year.
Have a great week!